Promotional Avenue of ESMs in S&T Department – RBE No. 48-2018

Railway board has issued RBE No. 48-2018 vide letter No.E(NG)I/2015/PM 8/1 dated 26.03.2018 for Promotional Avenue of ESMs in S&T Department.

Details of Railway Board Esstt. Circular (RBE No.04-2018)

Sub:     Promotional  Avenue of ESMs in S&T Department

*******

The issue regarding  promotional  avenue of ESMs in the S&T Department   has been under  consideration of the Railway  Board.  The  matter  has been examined in detail in consultation with the concerned  technical directorate and both the Federations, and it has been decided as under:

i) Direct Recruitment  to the extent of 33-1/ 3% in Signal Maintainer  Grade-II to be discontinued subject to 15% Direct Recruitment  quota to be introduced  in Signal Maintainer  Grade-I. The remaining 85% vacancies  in Signal Maintainer  Grade I is to be filled by promotion.

ii) The revised qualification  for ESM Grade-III   should  be either (a) Matriculation (i.e.  IO”  Class) and ITI Certificate in Electronic/Electrical  Fitter/Wire man  Trade or (b) Pass  in Plus Two  stage  with  Physics and Maths  in Higher Secondary or equivalent.

iii) The educational  qualification  of direct recruitees at Signal maintainer  Grade  I level should be pass in B.Sc.

iv) On  one  time  basis   to  fill  up  vacancies  of  Signal   Maintainer   Grade-III,   the residency period for LDCE should be reduced from 3 years  to 2 years.

v) The  vacancies   in   Signal  Maintainer   Grade-III   may  be  calculated  by  taking resultant vacancies  of higher grade posts of Signal  Maintainer.

Copy of Railway Board Esstt. Orders RBE No. 48-2018 is attached here:



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *