Railway Board has issued RBE 16-2017 vide letter no. PC-V/2009/A/DR/1 (S.No. PC-VI/375) dated 28.02.2017 regarding Grant of Dearness Relief to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of Ex-gratia payment w.e.f. 01.01.2016.
Sub:.Grant of Dearness Relief to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment w.e.f. 01.01.2016 (RBE 16-2017)
A copy of Office Memorandum No. 42/06/2016-P&PW(G) dated 03.05.2016 of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions (Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare) on the above subject is sent herewith for your information and necessary action.
2. In pursuance of the enhanced rates of ex-gratia to the surviving SRPF(C) retirees issued vide Board’s letter No. F(E)III/98/PN1/Ex-Gr/3 dated 15.11.2006, para 1(i) of DoP&PW’s O.M dated 03.05.2016 may be read as under:-
“The surviving Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ SRPF (Contributory) beneficiaries who had retired from service during the period from 01.04.1957 to 31.12.1985 and have been sanctioned enhanced slab-wise ex-gratia @ Rs. 3000/-, Rs. 1000/-, Rs.750/- and Rs.650/- per month respectively w.e.f 01.11.2006, In lieu of uniform rate of Rs.600/- p.m are entitled to Dearness Relief @ 245% w.e.f. 01.01.2016.”
3. A concordance of various instructions and orders referred to in the enclosed office memorandum with reference to corresponding Railway instructions is indicated below:-
- Para-1 of OM dt. 03.05.2016 (DoP&PW’s OM No. 42/10/2014-P&PW(G) dated 28.10.2015 – R.B’s Order No.- PV-V/2009/A/DR/1 dated 13.05.2016.
- Para-1 of OM dt. 03.05.2016 (DoP&PW’s OM No. 45/52/97-P&PW(E) dt. 16.12.97 – R.B.’s Order No.- F(E)III/97/PN1/Ex-Gr/3 dated 31.12.1997.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
To download the signed copy of RBE 16-2017, check PDF/Image attached below: