Railway Board Esstt. No. – RBE 150/2016
Rate of Dearness Allowance applicable w.e.f.1.7.2016 to Railway employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay scale/grade pay as per 6th Central Pay Commission.
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
S.N o. PC-VI/372
New Delhi, dated /14/12/2016
All Zonal Railways & Production Units,
(as per mailing list)
Subject:- Rate of Dearness Allowance applicable w.e.f.1.7.2016 to Railway employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay scale/grade pay as per 6th Central Pay Commission.
- Consequent upon acceptance of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission by the Government, M/o Railways vide letter No. PC-VII/20 16/1/7/2/1 dated 11.11.2016 (RBE No. 131/2016) had issued orders on rate of Dearness Allowance (DA) payable to Railway employees based on the revised pay structure (7th CPC) that came into effect from 01.01.20 16.
- The above rate, however, is not applicable to those Railway employees who had exercised an option to continue in the pre-revised scales of pay based on 6th CPCs recommendations or to those whose pay and allowances had not been revised, for different reasons.
- The rate of DA w.e.f 01.01.2016 for Railway employees in pre-revised scale of pay, were issued by M/o Railways vide letter PC-VI/2008/1/7/2/1 dated 08.04.2016 (S.no. PC-VI/364, RBE No. 32/2016).
- Accordingly, the rate of DA admissible to Railway employees who continue to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay band/grade pay as per 6th CPC recommendations, shall be enhanced from the existing 125% to 132% w.e.f. 01.07.2016.
- This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
(Authority:- MoF’s OM No. 1/3/2008-E(II)B dated 09.11.20 16.)
Joint Director, Pay Commission
New Delhi, dated .12.2016
For more information read the PDF file attached below: