After publication of Gazette Notification of 7th Pay Commission by Ministry of Finance, Railway Board has issued Revised Pay Rules, 2016 for Railway Services vide RBE No. 90/2016 dated 28.07.2016
7th Pay Commission Highlights.
- No change in allowances i.e. HRA, TA, NDA and will be paid as per existing practice till further orders.
- DA will be treated as NIL from 01.01.2016 as DA rate 125% already included in new basic pay from 01.01.2016.
- Date of increment will be now 1st January and 1st July based on any type of promotion between Jan.’2016 to date of notification of Gazette Notification of 7th pay commission.
- Calculation change in pay matrix, all calculations are with 2.57 multiply factor from Grade Pay 1800-10,000.
- MACP will continue to be administered at 10, 20 and 30 years as before but benefit of MACP on CR upgraded from GOOD to VERY GOOD
- Pay calculations on the basis of Pay drawn on 31.12.2015
- Pay of Direct recruitment will be start at the minimum pay corresponding to the level to which recruitment is made i.e for 1800 GP starting pay will be 18000.
- Withholding of annual increments in the case of those employees who are not able to meet the benchmark either for MACP or a regular promotion within the first 20 years of their service.
Revised Pay Rules, 2016 (Railway Services) RBE No. 90/2016
Gazette Notification of 7th Pay Commission (Central Civil Services)